COOL COLOR TRENDS FOR 2019 - LIVING CORAL
7 Tips on Designing with Pantone's 2019 Colour of the Year
Living Coral is a warm, vibrant yet mellow colour between orange and pink.
This hue is associated with optimism, conviviality and joy. Described as vibrant yet mellow, the comforting warmth of this year's colour of the year, Living Coral, makes it the perfect shade to introduce into any space whether it's through a textured sofa, an eye-catching paint colour, or even a vivid piece of artwork.
Pantone suggests using Living Coral in interiors as a bold statement in settings and décor, such as pop-up installations and interactive spaces. The colour is linked to tactility and human connection so it’s perfect in shag rugs, cosy blankets and lush upholsteries to create a warm feeling in the home. Used as an accent on walls or furniture, living coral also adds a dramatic pop of colour to any room setting.
1. A Large painting or two paired prints, this will command the vibe of your room and demand the eye upward, great for making your room feel taller.
2. The beautiful rich Coral colour will mesmerise especially if there are elements of it on the wallpaper. Be bold and splash it across the walls for that added wow factor.
3.For the living room: Using coral accent pillows on the larger sofas and only upholstering the armchairs in coral fabric – this ensures the coral shade isn’t too overdone but keeps it on-trend.
4. Accessories are a great way to incorporate Living Coral into your current décor. We love adding statement cushions to do just that. Swap out your lived-in couch friends with new, bright cushions. While you’re at it, play with different shapes and sizes to really make that statement without having to go for scale.
5. Why not try a subtle Coral + seafoam& celadon green?
this is an easy way to incorporate the trend without overhauling the room completely.
Or Coral + peach& cantaloupe
Coral + Klein Blue
6. Feeling bold? We are all for a velvet lounge or velvet dining chairs to really turn up the luxe! It’s a great way to incorporate Living Coral whilst adding an element of glitz and glamour to your living or dining space.
7. Another option is warming up your space with an oversized coral rug. Play with patterns depending on the theme of your room. You can’t go wrong with a classic Herringbone rug or even a faded Baden rug.
Need help with your home interiors? Get in touch with HomesScope’s Interiors and see what the experts can deliver for your property’s styling needs.
Send us your project enquiry or Contact Us for Free consultation TODAY!
sales [@] homesscope [dot] com
Keep a lookout for more on our next week’s Interior Inspiration…….